Nalbach SLX (Shelf Life eXtension) Modified Atmosphere Packaging System
The Nalbach SLX is a modified atmosphere packaging (MAP) system that efficiently flushes a package with an inert gas such as nitrogen to displace the oxygen within the package. This process gives products such as coffee a much longer shelf life, retaining their distinctive aromas and flavors. The SLX is capable of reducing the residual oxygen (RO2) level to as low as less than 1% depending on the application.
- The Nalbach SLX rail system is designed with a high level of sanitation in mind. The SLX design eliminates bacteria harboring screens within the gas flow system and the rails can be easily disassembled and then reassembled for thorough cleaning.
- The Nalbach SLX rail system has also been designed with fewer parts and has no consumables eliminating the cost and time associated with routine replacement of parts.
- The Nalbach SLX Cooled Gases system reduces the temperature of the gas used to flush a package. It is a highly efficient system that cools the gas immediately before it enters the container and requires no additional energy to cool the gas. The colder gases tend to remain in the package and not dissipate into the surrounding atmosphere reducing the amount of gas required.
- Nalbach SLX is highly efficient in its use of purging gasses with the SLX “Crossflow Purge Chamber” used to purge the product on-the-fly as it enters the filling system. The Crossflow Purge Chamber eliminates the need to pre-purge the product as well as the surge/feed hopper prior to entering the filler.
- The Nalbach SLX provides a high level of sanitation, reduced labor cost, eliminates consumable costs and uses far less purging gas.
- All, new and existing, Nalbach fillers manufactured since 1956 can be fitted with the SLX gassing system.
- Nalbach can also integrate its SLX technology with fillers made by other manufacturers as well as upstream and downstream equipment for a complete, performance guaranteed system.
Broad range of food and beverage products. Modified atmosphere packaging (MAP) is a way of extending the shelf life of fresh food products. The technology subsitutes the atmospheric air inside a package with a protective gas mix. The gas in the package helps ensure that the product will stay fresh for as long as possible.