Nalbach Engineering’s NECOSORT-III High Speed Plastic Bottle Unscrambler reduces maintenance & downtime, handles the lightest weight bottles being used today, and has the smallest footprint in the industry.
- 3 Year Warranty: Designed with only two moving parts, virtually eliminating downtime, the NECOSORT-III carries a three-year warranty.
- Reduces Maintenance and Downtime: Only two moving bottle handling parts in the whole system. One of which is the sorting drum that sorts and moves all of the bottles to the discharge starwheel and the second being the discharge starwheel itself. There are no reciprocating motions, complicated mechanisms or hard to adjust container handling parts. Only two moving bottle handling parts means significantly less maintenance and downtime.
- Superior Lightweight Bottle Performance: With the industry’s push to “lightweight” bottles in an effort to reduce cost and reduce their ecological footprint, traditional methods such as depalletizing/single filing or the use of older technology unscramblers becomes problematic. The design of the NECOSORT-III insures that bottles are held, moved and controlled by means other than gravity. This provides a system that reliably handles the lightest bottles.
- Small Footprint: The NECOSORT-III’s unique design employs a sorting drum that is turned vertically, significantly reducing the overall footprint of the system for easy integration into tight production areas.
- Damaged Bottle Tolerant: The NECOSORT-III has been designed for high speed, high uptime applications. The system is tolerant of most types of damaged bottles keeping high speed production lines such as soft drink, juice and water filling lines in operation. Damaged bottles typically don’t cause the NECOSORT-III to jam and shut down unexpectedly. Damaged bottles tend to accumulate and are removed at convenient times such as during changeovers, breaks or shift changes.
- High Bottle Yield: The NECOSORT-III’s design provides a “queue” of bottles for each sorting “pocket” insuring very high bottle yields. The slats are sized to be able to hold more than one bottle insuring, in most cases, that there is a bottle available on each revolution of the drum for each sorting pocket. Where most unscramblers have a bottle yield of 70 – 80%, the NECOSORT-III has a bottle yield over 95% for most bottle types.
- Easy Access: The drive system and all other major components are easily accessible for routine maintenance. Maintenance personnel are not required to get down on hands and knees to service the NECOSORT-III.
- Tool-Less Changeovers: Changeovers from one bottle size to another are fast and completely tool-less. A minor change over is required when the bottle being run on the machine and the new bottle are within approximately 1/4” in diameter of each other and the bottles heights are more than 1/4” in difference . A minor change over takes a single operator less than 10 minutes to perform and requires no tools. The procedure includes adjusting the receivers to accommodate the new bottle height. A major change over is required when the bottle being run on the machine and the new bottle are greater than approximately 1/4” in diameter. The procedure includes replacing one or more of the following: replacing slats; replacing chutes; replacing receivers; replacing the starwheel, and replacing the sidewall. Depending on the size of the machine, a major change over takes a single operator 45 – 60 minutes to perform.
- Touch Screen System Control: Easy to use touch screen machine controller with speed settings for each bottle type.